WELCOME TO THE TEST KIT CENTER!
The Test Kit Center maintains an extensive range of psychological assessment materials in support of The Chicago School’s academic programs. Professional guidelines set forth by APA and assessment publishers limit the use of and access to materials to qualified individuals. To ensure compliance with these provisions, all patrons must familiarize themselves with the Test Kit Center Policy
IMPORTANT NOTE: To open the below attachments via Internet Explorer, please ensure that you are running version 9.
A concise directory of available assessment materials – the Assessment Guide – can be downloaded in PDF format above, and is also located at the center’s checkout window. Additional downloadable resources include a directory of assessment materials by category, and a listing of materials available for one-hour checkouts on Library premises. More information on psychological assessments can be found in the Tests in Print database, available via MetaSearch under the Pick 15 category. Additional guidelines on locating tests are available through the American Psychological Association.
Test Kit Center Checkouts
Guidelines for Short-Term Loans (available for all patrons):
ALL ASSESSMENT MATERIALS ARE PROPERTY OF TCSPP, AND AS SUCH, MUST BE PROMPTLY RETURNED TO AVOID OVERDUE FINES.
- All patrons can checkout assessment materials for short-term use, which includes class demonstrations, faculty curriculum planning and use within the Test Kit Center.
- The short-term loan period is 3 business days.
- Borrowers assume responsibility for all materials checked out, and are liable to remit payment for damaged and missing items, as appropriate.
- A limit of 3 items per checkout applies, and a fine of $5/day per test kit item and $50/day for flip cameras is incurred for overdue items
Guidelines for Long-Term Loans (available for faculty and proxy patrons):
ITEMS BORROWED BY FACULTY AND/OR PROXY PATRONS FOR A GIVEN SEMESTER MUST BE RETURED BEFORE THE END OF THE ACADEMIC TERM, UNLESS OTHERWISE ARRANGED WITH TEST KIT CENTER COORDINATOR.
- Long-term loans are extended to faculty members and proxy patrons only.
- Loan periods range from 30 to 90 days, without an option for renewal, unless previously arranged by special request with the Test Kit Center Coordinator.
- Faculty members can authorize proxy patrons to checkout materials for long-term use on their behalf. Only authorized proxy patrons will be granted checkout privileges.
- All faculty members and/or proxy patrons will submit a signed Test Kit Checkout Authorization Form which must include student rosters for individual sections of a class and specify the type and number of test kits and protocols required.
- Individual students will be held responsible for any missing or damaged items from materials distributed for class curriculum.
Test Kit Center Staff – General questions and test kit reservations
Assessment Center Director – Kate Elgayeva