Interlibrary Loan attempts to provide books and articles not currently available in The Chicago School Library’s print and digital collections.
To borrow books:
Search the Chicago School’s Online Catalog before submitting a book request to ensure the item is not available in our library. Requests for items available in our library will be cancelled.
- Search I-Share to request items from over 70 academic libraries located in Illinois
- Search WorldCat to request items from libraries located nationally
- If not found in I-Share or WorldCat, login to ILLiad and submit a manual loan request
To request copies of journal articles:
Search Journals Quick Search to determine if we have the full text to the article you need in our databases. Requests for articles available in our databases will be cancelled.
- Search Our Databases for the citation to an article and request the article via the Check SFX for full text link, followed by the Request article through ILLiad link.
- Login to ILLiad and submit a manual article photocopy request
Delivery time for interlibrary loan materials varies. Here are the average delivery times for interlibrary loan requests: from the time a request is submitted until the time the item arrives. Articles are delivered electronically and books are held at the library for pick-up.
|ILLiad||3 – 5 days||7 -14 days|
|I-Share||Not Available||3-5 days|
For more information please access the following documents:
|ILLiad Tutorial (PDF)||I-Share Tutorial (PDF)|
|ILLiad Tutorial (Video)||FAQ (PDF)|
Interlibrary Loan Services